Last updated: 21 December 2020
This Warranty Policy for JaiBolt™(s) is extended by Jaiota Pte. Ltd (“we“/”us“/”our“) to the original purchaser (“you“), and is not transferable.
The terms of this Warranty Policy are subject to change by us without notice.
WHAT IS COVERED
JaiBolt™(s) are warranted against defects in material and workmanship under normal use (the “Warranty“) for twelve (12) months from the date of original purchase by you (“Warranty Period“).
This Warranty only applies to JaiBolt™(s) which are:
- manufactured by or for us, and which we can verify as being authentic; and
- purchased directly from us (e.g. from our website at jaiota.com).
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
This Warranty does not cover defects, damages, malfunctions or failures in JaiBolt™(s) caused by, resulting from or relating to:
- failure to comply with our instructions relating to JaiBolt™(s) including any instructions as to use, operation and storage
- use of JaiBolt™(s) for purposes not designed or intended by us
- damage due to Force Majeure (as defined in our Terms of Service)
- cosmetic or minor imperfections that do not materially alter functionality of the JaiBolt™ (including without limitation cracks, dents or scratches)
- accidental, intentional or negligent acts or omissions (including without limitation damage from cutting , twisting, wrenching, dropping, impact, liquid spills, etc);
- misuse, abuse or neglect (including without limitation storage in conditions and/or for such period of time as may be considered inadequate or unreasonable, and improper temperature, humidity and environmental conditions)
- tampering or improper installation, operation or maintenance
- improper connections, or use in conjunction with devices, peripherals or parts which are incompatible or which are not provided by us
- modifications or repairs not authorised by us in writing
- consumable parts (including batteries)
- normal wear and tear
- damage sustained during transit or carriage
- any other conditions not arising from defects in material or workmanship
- any other factors in respect of which warranties have been expressly disclaimed under our Terms of Sale
This Warranty only covers defects in material and workmanship in the hardware components of JaiBolt™(s) as originally supplied, and does not cover any firmware, software or services provided with or relating to the use of JaiBolt™(s), including the Site or the App (as defined in our Terms of Service).
International purchases. This Warranty Policy does not cover JaiBolt™(s) purchased from our authorised dealers, distributors and/or resellers in USA, Europe & UK, which are sold subject to their warranty policies. Please consult your receipt or purchase documents or contact them directly for information on their warranty and returns policy.
Unauthorised sellers. Please be aware that if you purchase JaiBolt™ from any party not listed as our authorized dealer, distributor and/or reseller at https://jaiota.com/dealers-distributors-resellers/, the product(s) may be counterfeit, defective, and possibly harmful to use. We also do not provide any warranty or take any responsibility for JaiBolt™(s) purchased through unauthorised sellers.
Return and replacement. We will at our option replace and/or request the return of any defective JaiBolt™ eligible for the Warranty, provided you notify us of the defect within the Warranty Period, immediately upon becoming aware of the defect. Such notice must be submitted by email to [email protected] and contain the following:
- your name, company (if applicable) address and contact number
- a description of the defect, and relevant pictures in jpeg format not exceeding 1MB
- original proof of purchase (i.e. your order number and receipt) must be provided
- the seal number, date of manufacture (DOM) & check digits (CD) of the defective JaiBolt™. This information is shown on the exterior surface of the JaiBolt™.
- and/or any other information or details as we may require.
We reserve the right to replace a defective JaiBolt™ with a replacement JaiBolt™ of the same model, functionally equivalent or better model or a currently available model.
We may also, at our option and in our sole discretion, elect not to replace a defective JaiBolt™ but to issue you with a refund instead.
Please do not return any Products to us until or unless you receive our prior written approval. We will not accept any Products for return without our prior written approval, or any risk of loss or damage to the same. If Products are returned to us without our prior written approval, we may at our absolute discretion return these Products to you or store or dispose of such Products at your costs and risks, without any liability to you in respect of the same.
Risk/costs of return/replacement. You are responsible for returning defective JaiBolt™(s) at your own risk and cost (including all risk of loss and damage until it arrives at the returns address specified by us), and all shipping, handling and insurance costs and other associated taxes and charges. Defective JaiBolt™(s) must only be returned to us if we expressly request for such return, and if so, to the returns address stated by us and in accordance with our instructions.
Costs of supplying replacement JaiBolt™(s) and delivery to you Ex Works (Incoterms 2020) our warehouse will be borne by us unless we determine in our sole discretion that your JaiBolt™(s) is not defective within the terms of the Warranty, in which case you will be responsible for all risk and cost of supplying and delivering to you the replacement JaiBolt™ at our prevailing rates (including shipping, handling and labour) and for all insurance costs and other associated taxes and charges.
All JaiBolt™(s) that have been replaced by us shall be our property.
Replacement JaiBolt™. Replacement JaiBolt™(s) which are supplied to you pursuant to this Warranty Policy shall also be subject to the Terms of Sale, and will be covered by the Warranty from the date of delivery of such replacement JaiBolt™(s) to you Ex Works (Incoterms 2020) our warehouse, until the expiry of:
- the original Warranty Period of the JaiBolt™(s) replaced; or
- ninety (90) days thereafter,
whichever is later.
For the avoidance of doubt, upon our delivery of your replacement JaiBolt™(s) to the carrier:
- such replacement JaiBolt™(s) shall be deemed to have been delivered to you;
- risk of loss and title in the replacement JaiBolt™(s) shall pass to you; and
- the Warranty Period for the replacement Jaibolt(s) will commence.
We reserve the right to appoint any carrier on your behalf for delivery to you Ex Works (Incoterms 2020) our warehouse, on terms acceptable to us, without having regard to shipping times or your Warranty Period (or the remainder thereof). We are not responsible for ensuring that the replacement JaiBolt™(s) will be received by you within any particular timeframe, and if you require the replacement JaiBolt™(s) on an expedited basis, you shall bear the costs and responsibility of making alternative arrangements with your carrier to do so, and to inform us accordingly, in a timely manner.
The Warranty is the sole and exclusive remedy available to you for JaiBolt™(s) purchased by you, and is provided in lieu of all other warranties and conditions of any kind, whether oral or written, express or implied (by statute, common law or otherwise), including warranties of non-infringement, merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, and implied warranties arising from course of performance, course of dealing, usage of trade, or otherwise, with respect to the JaiBolt™(s) and other related materials, documentation or services, all of which are expressly excluded to the maximum extent permitted under applicable laws.
Without limiting the foregoing, we make no guarantee, warranty or representation whatsoever that the use of JaiBolt™(s) will ensure the safe delivery of your cargo or freight, or that your cargo or freight will be free from tamper or unauthorised access, and we shall not be liable for any loss or damage sustained by you as a result of burglary, theft, robbery, or unauthorised access.
We shall not be liable for interruption or failure of any component of the JaiBolt™ that relies on a telecommunication or other third party network.
Waiver by us of any breach of these warranty terms and conditions shall not be deemed as a continuing waiver of such default or a waiver of any other default.